Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Do you like my hat?

Like most parents, I realize that my toddler can be either a constant source of frustration or amusement. I choose to be amused. I can't count the times a day I think, "Why does she do that?", but it helps to have a sense of humor about everything, and keep it all in perspective.

What makes her think blueberries will make a nice hat? That was the question today at lunch, when I turned around from doing some dishes to see her accessorizing with fruit, several of the little blue things (halved to avoid that scary choking hazard!) perched atop her head, at least one well mashed into her hair (later I would find that quite a few had already fallen behind her and left fun purple stains on the back of her shirt). After a bit of puzzlement, I thought, "well, what's the harm" and finished my task before stepping over and removing the largest chunks.

I guess I'm starting to loosen up a little. Toddlers can do that to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home