Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring Break

Okay, so it's Spring Break. That kind of hit me out of nowhere. Why in the world did I not plan some sort of family get-away? Maybe I can last-minute put something together, or atleast come up with some fun things to keep Little M and I occupied, since she's home from school all week. Allllll weeeeeek. Did I mention we switched her schedule around again and ended up getting Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays? So we're back with 2 1/2 days/week again. Woo-hoo! I think they drop the Friday over summer, so it'll just be Mon/Wed then until Fall. I really love this schedule. Anyway, it's only Sunday, and she already mentioned this morning that she misses her friends. And she didn't get her 1/2 day last Friday because the public schools had conferences, and M's school follows the public school calendar. Which reminds me... I'm still mad that I missed out on the make-up-snow-day nobody told me about. How was I suppose to guess that, without any older kids in public school? I suppose I should consider getting over it already, but that would be so out of character.

And, as seems typical for Spring Break, the weather is going to suck the whole time, so we'll be stuck indoors. Or maybe we'll hang out on the covered patio and watch the rain... that could be fun. It figures, though. It was sunny all last week. We walked the dogs on the trail last week and saw 2 deer, which was pretty cool. Yesterday we planted some seeds in containers and put them out on the patio. A salad mix and several basils. We're not quite ready to put in a full-fledged garden here yet, but I'm also going to try to get some patio tomatoes to work, at least. I really missed having fresh vegetables last year, particularly tomatoes that taste like tomatoes.

And now that naptime is over, it's time to get out into that sunshiny day... what could be our last for some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home