Friday, February 24, 2006

NO bath!

Help! My little Coyote has decided baths are evil. What do you do with a 20 month old that refuses to bathe? And I mean refuses! Kicking and screaming and tears just doesn't begin to describe the scene that we've been witnessing at the mention of the dreaded bath.

Now, I'm okay with skipping a bath every day or two. No biggie. But two days in a row, plus the little one's desire to rub her sandwich in her hair BOTH days, has resulted in a very smelly little girl. I've tried every trick I can think of to get her in the tub. Today I'm hoping something works. Suggestions would be much appreciated!

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Too bad it's not summer - you could just hose her down outside, or set up the sprinkler and let that work as the shower. Any chance of a warm snap soon? Here in Seattle, I awoke to snow this morning! I'll be showering inside, thank you very much!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger ChemMom said...

Really cool bath toys. And bath paints. Maybe connect a hand-held shower spray to the faucet.

If push comes to shove, you could bring her over here and let her bathe with Busy. My girls cry when it's time to get out.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Well, you sure can tell chemmom is a mom. Much more practical ideas than mine! And, umm, where do I get bath paints?

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger ChemMom said...

Martha, the garden hose idea was a good one too! And one day this week that would actually have been feasible. Don't you miss our crazy OK weather?

I found bath paints at WM in the aisle with children's soaps and shampoos. There are also bath crayons in the baby paraphernalia aisle.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger gretchen said...

You guys rock. I'm keeping these ideas for next time. This time she finally came around after I started having a bath without her. How DARE I play with her bath toys!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home