Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tag, I'm it!

Tag, I'm it! Apparently there's a game afoot in the world of blogs that I was unaware of. The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits I have" and people who get tagged then write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says you have been tagged (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

So, Chemmom tagged me, and I'm willing to play along, but it saddens me to admit that I don't know five other bloggers to tag. How sad is that? I know exactly two other admitted bloggers (you know who you are!) so how about we just assume anyone reading this has been tagged, and if you have a blog and feel like playing, go for it.

Anyway, five weird habits I have:

1. When I'm standing in one place to do a task (cooking, waiting at the post office, whatever), I tend to stand on the outside edge of my feet, usually with my big toes curled in. I have NO idea why I do this, and I'm usually completely unaware of it until I hear my husband chuckle. He thinks it's cute. Go figure.

2. I am addicted to reading, and if I'm in the middle of a good book I will utilize each and every spare moment possible to read, no matter how short. Even if I only get half a paragraph read. Even if I end up opening the book twenty times before getting through one page. Really.

3. I am compelled to have the last word. The first person to ever point this out to me was my friend, Jodi, back in grade school. I was all, "bye", and she was all, "bye", and I was all, "bye", and she was all, "bye", and I was all, "bye", and she was all, "OKAY. I got it. Bye. Do you have to have the last word ALWAYS? God, Gretchen!" She's frickin' hilarious. Hi, Jodi! I share this habit with Chemmom, though I hadn't noticed her doing it, and we do manage to end conversations with one another somehow, so one of us is hiding our compulsion well. I'm guessing it's her.

4. I fiddle with my eyelashes when I wear mascara. As a teenager I actually pulled them out, resulting in a very odd eyelashlessness (new word!) that finally convinced me to make a real effort not to fiddle. Now I can usually (mostly) refrain until evening, at which time I will notice the fiddling and (hopefully) go wash my face. As a kid I also bit my nails, pulled my eyebrows, and chewed on the ends of my hair. Gee, do you think I was stressed or something?

5. I must be allowed to choose which side of the bed I will sleep on, wherever we go, based on how the room "feels". I haven't figured out what magic criteria I use to make this decision, but there is always a definite right and wrong side for me. Sometimes the left, sometimes the right, sometimes near the door, sometimes away from the door. Lucky for me, my husband couldn't care less which side he gets.

That's five of my weird habits. I'm sure there are others, but we'll follow the rules and stick with five. You're welcome.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger ChemMom said...

Freak! I swear most people I know have their "own side" of the bed, regardless of room arrangement.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger gretchen said...

My friends refuse apparently refuse to start their own blogs, so I'm forced to add their tag replies to mine. They are blogging vicariously through me, I suppose. So here's Jodi and Helen's 5 weird habits:

Jodi:
1) I am "phone-phobic". I almost never, rarely ever answer the phone. OR return phone calls or e-mails. I am an obsessive screener... I always answer when it's Brad of course, but I have a real problem with the telephone otherwise. Weird, huh? It's not that I don't think about everyone all the time. I really do. Especially now that I'm alone much of the time. I just have a hard time following through in connecting. I'm working on it though... Hang with me.

2) I am also obsessed with day planners, day calendars, whatever you want to call them. Each year I buy one. Then another. Then (YES!) another....! I can't help it. I love them. And one is NEVER enough. OR two.

3) I change my sheets at least 3X per week. If I ever become filthy rich, I would not hesitate in hiring someone to change my linens ever day. No kidding.

4) When Brad and I walk anywhere together, I have to be on the left side, and he on my right. He thought I was insane for... oh... 2-3 years... now he knows, and just falls into place when walking with me. Could be because I carry my purse on my left side and I need it clear... I'm not really sure.

5) I HAVE to have an open window when sleeping. No matter WHERE. No matter the temperature outside. I remember when Brad and I first lived 2gether in MT he couldn't believe it b/c there would be ice built up on the inside of my bedroom window from it being left open (or at least cracked). For several weeks now, both of my bedroom windows have been wide open. The weather is very mild here compared to MT! I literally get clausterphobic if I can't feel fresh air on my face while lying in bed. Again, Brad is used to it. We snuggle non-stop!

Helen:
1. I forward e-mails about drug alerts and such to you because I know you will find out if they are true or not and quickly correct me. lol.

2. I do wierd things around the house like suddenly pointing my finger in the air and saying "superstar". It of course, it annoys rich but the boys think its funny.

3. I always rinse my glass out before I put anything in it. My coffee cup, anything.

4. I try to avoid touching the toilet seat or handles in public places, not obsessively but I am aware of it.

5. I like it totally dark when I sleep. Rich doesn't like it of course so it's rarely as dark as I like it.

6. I can't stand hair in the drain of the shower, and I avoid touching the shower walls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home