Thursday, September 08, 2005

I spoke too soon

Yesterday's relatively decent morning turned into a pretty crappy afternoon and evening, though the night's sleep was mostly uninterrupted. Today has been one long melt-down, except for the blessed relief during our play date. I decided to take her to the doctor to make sure there wasn't something medically wrong. She screamed (and I mean screamed!) through the entire exam, but got a clean bill of health. No ear infection or other apparent malady. Could be that she's just having a very bad teething experience (I think she's working on a molar and 2 eyeteeth at once). Could be that aliens replaced my sweet happy child with a less pleasantly natured replica. The only thing I'm pretty certain of is that this too shall pass (at least that's what they tell me). I gave her some tylenol. Didn't cure her, but it seems to have helped. Or that could be my imagination. She still had some crying fits for no obvious reason this evening, but went to bed pretty easy. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

It's really quite alarming to see your little angel in total distress, crying, screaming and rolling on the floor, and no amount of comforting or attempts at distraction even make a dent. The past few days, none of my usual tricks seem to work, or at least not for long. Kali was somewhat more successful today. Seeing that pooch jump and catch her toys managed to momentarily turn the tears to giggles. Good dog! Even Luna started looking concerned about the little one's wailing and actually put up with some petting and finger-poking.

To preserve what's left of my sanity, I left my husband in charge for about 45 minutes after dinner and secluded myself in our room and took a little nap. Put in earplugs. It was fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home