Friday, September 16, 2005

Happy days are here again

My sweet little girl is back. Whatever was bothering her has passed, and she is once again a happy little wild coyote. Yay! I'm glad she's feeling better. The world is a brighter place!

We had a play date at our place yesterday. It's great to have someone close to my little one's age around. Busy, as she's known, is an adorable little girl, and I love watching them interact. They both appeared to be sharing quite well, although I've read that they really don't understand the concept yet. Whatever. They played quite nicely, and seemed to enjoy each other's company. The older sister, Big, was also quite entertaining. She has the most wonderful imagination, and comes up with lots of fun stuff. A good glimpse at what it'll be like when mine is about 3 years older.

So far, my little coyote seems quite sociable. At the park over the weekend she caught the eye of several little boys, and even received a kiss. It was terribly cute, seeing them follow her around, though I'm really not ready for her to enter the dating scene just yet! It was also wonderful to see her and her daddy running around the playground. He let her go down the big slide, which was a little scary for me, but she loved it. He and I have different definitions of "safe". I'm learning to look away and trust him not to let her get hurt. Very difficult! But he's an intelligent guy, and logically I know he can handle it.

The big move is only a week away. Or the beginning of the big move. We'll have a week and a half to get it done and get the old place cleaned up and ready for the new owners. And with the husband traveling for the first 5 business days of that, I know it won't be nearly long enough. We're flying my sister out to help, which is a big relief. She's an expert mover, plus she will be more than happy to play with little coyote as much as possible, leaving us free to get the work done. Since we haven't even started packing yet, it's probably time for me to start panicking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home