Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Coyote turned monkey

Today our little coyote is more like a little monkey. She climbed out of her crib for the first time in protest of taking her afternoon nap. After much crying (just hers today, though I was tired enough to join her), I went into her dark room to tuck her back in, and was quite surprised to not find her in her crib. I looked around and there she was, sitting on the floor. I was simultaneously concerned that she may have hurt herself in her daring escape, and annoyed that I could no longer count on her remaining safely enclosed after being placed in her crib. I knew it was inevitable, but I was hoping we had a little more time. We'll definitely be shutting her bedroom door at night now, to at least keep her from wandering around the house while we sleep, should she decide to pull her Houdini in the wee hours.

We're completely moved into the new house, though nowhere near completely unpacked. My big sister was such a big help. There is no way I could've done it on my own with child in tow. It was also nice just to have her here. We keep in touch pretty well, but it's not the same as spending time together. And getting to watch her with our little girl was great for my heart. It makes me sad when I think about how little Madison gets to see her extended family. With my sister's impending move to Hawaii, the frequency of visits will certainly thin down. On the up side, it gives us a good reason to consider taking a trip to the Big Island. As much as the husband is traveling for work these days, surely we'll rack up the frequent flyer miles in no time. The long flight is still somewhat daunting, though. Our last lengthy car ride was challenge enough, and we could at least pull over when needed. Not to mention we were only torturing ourselves, not a bunch of strangers forced to sit in close proximity. Something to think about.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger ChemMom said...

Uh oh! Might be time for that big girl bed already? Or one of these: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00014PLAY//002-8488515-5012834 Which I refuse to think about -- these are our BABIES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home