Monday, January 30, 2006

Lost photo op

Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish. I wish I had taken a picture. We bought a potty seat for little M the other day, just so she can become familiar with it. We bought her the kind that fits on top of the regular toilet, though we might end up using the little potty chair type that sits on the floor. Keeping those options open. Anyway, I put it in her room so she can play with it until she's ready to actually use it. Maybe that's weird. But she did, indeed, decide to play with it, and I probably should have seen this coming, but was still surprised when she came out of her room crying because she had fit it over her head, but couldn't get it back off. A simple matter of turning it around, and no harm was done. But, oh, how I wish I had taken a picture first.

And later, after much protesting of "hoop! hoop! hoop!" (the girl loves basketball) I decided to make a basketball hoop out of some very thick cardboard left over from our new dryer (grrrr! to the old dryer!). I found out that very thick cardboard doesn't cut with my lousy cheap scissors. But the serrated Henckels knife works very well. I told little M not to tell Daddy I was using our good knives to make her hoop, because he would kick my *ss, and she promptly agreed with me by saying, "*ss". So I taught our bundle of joy her first swear word today. Do they make V chips for Mommy? Guess I'd better get serious about cleaning up my potty mouth. Though, it does go along with the theme for the day.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger ChemMom said...

HAA!! On two counts! What are you going to pay me to keep this from J? ;)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger gretchen said...

HAA right back at ya! I already told him. I suck at hiding things from him. That's probably a good thing. He didn't seem to care, actually. But you can bet if he'd done it, I'd have had a few things to say! "This is why we can't have nice things!" comes to mind. Love it!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Both tales are delightful, and somehow the combination is especially good. :-) And, as first swear words go, *ss isn't so bad...just teach her some other animals to go with it - mule, donkey, pony, zebra. Or you could always claim that you were reading the psalm that has the wild asses going down to the river to drink...I'll look that one up for ya so that you don't get caught out if someone wants to know _which_ psalm that is.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger gretchen said...

No, Jen, she's not quite ready for the WNBA, but she does love it (much to J's delight, she loves football, too). And Martha, I'll probably go with the secular "other animals" option. Or I'll tell everyone she heard it from Jen and they can go ask HER which psalm it was. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home