Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My favorite thing

Today I am so lucky. I got to enjoy my favorite thing. Peacefully rocking in my comfy chair, holding my sleeping girl. Sun shining through the window onto my dog sleeping on the floor. Not a sound in the room. A perfect afternoon.

I don't get to enjoy this very often. My little coyote isn't usually one for long snuggles. But today she decided she wasn't quite done with her nap, and fell back asleep on my lap. She slept there for another 30 minutes. And I actually had the sense to sit and enjoy it, rather than think about other things I needed to be doing. I am so lucky.

This was way better than the other night, when she decided to wake up many times, then simply would NOT go back to sleep after 4:00am. So I rocked her for a while, and every time I tried to put her back in her crib she freaked. We ended up on the couch, her happily zonked out, me with a crick in my neck, afraid to move. Not as lucky that time.

Today, very lucky.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger ChemMom said...

That sounds heavenly! And kudos for you for realizing how great you had it at the time. Took me until the second child to recognize the wonder in moments like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home