Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I love you!

Hey, look at me keeping this recent blog momentum going!

Our little coyote is in a real "I love you" phase these days. It's great! When the washing machine repair guy was over she just chatted him right up, and then tossed in "I love you", quite comfortably. She also said "I love you" to the appliance salesman, our lumberyard guy, and my art teacher, Betsy. It's really quite sweet. Of course, we've had several talks now about strangers, to be sure. Scary stuff, but she's actually a bit excited that there is a circumstance, even if only theoretical (hopefully!), in which it would be perfectly acceptable, and even preferred, that she bite. But as long as she's with a parent, she loves everyone. What a wonderful world!

She's also developing a real enjoyment for dressing up. If allowed, she will wear a dress every single day, preferably her fanciest dress... and then run, climb, and roll in the dirt in that dress. Not exactly a girly-girl, my little coyote. She's a little bit of everything, which is FABULOUS, in my opinion. Of course, I'm biased. And she is definitely exploring her own sense of style, as evidenced by her "Backpacking Cowgirl Princess" look she was sporting earlier this Spring...

Although, now that I think about it, she's been showing this penchant for costuming for quite some time. Last summer, her dad brought her to my karate class on a sparring night. She definitely thought that was cool. A few days later she said she wanted to spar. I told her we have to have gear on to spar. She came back a little later with her own improvised gear, including an easter basket for her head, fabric scraps for her hands, and dad's socks pulled up over her knees for shin guards. Brilliant!

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Tina said...

I love it! I love the curiosity, imagination, and excitement of a child!

Tina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home