Thursday, August 28, 2008

Too Young for Wedding Bells!

After school yesterday, while M and I were catching up over a little snack, she informed me that Robbie (the little boy who chases her on the playground all the time, much to her dismay) told her he wants to marry her. I asked her what she told him, and she said, "I said he doesn't treat me nice, and I won't marry someone who doesn't treat me nice", or something like that.

That's my girl!

And then I told her she's a bit young to be worrying about getting married, since she still needs to finish preschool. I suggested she wait and see what nice boys she meets in college.

This morning when I dropped her off at her classroom, Robbie tried to give her a flower he had picked. She wouldn't take it or even look at him. Poor Robbie! We're going to have to talk about being gracious but firm with unwanted suitors. I wasn't expecting the conversation to come so soon!

3 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Tina said...

What a cute story! I am so glad you are recording these stories because I know I love to hear my mom tell stories about the things I did and said when I was little.

By the way, I think we will be headed towards Bartlesville sometime on the 9th. But we will call soon to let you know more exact details. We are excited to see you guys!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Jaush and Amy said...

I was laughing the whole time! How cute. I feel for poor Robbie though, I too tried to marry a girl in pre-school and she told me no! Oh the devestation! ha ha. Ask my mom next time she will tell you the story.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Brew Crew said...

Little M is WAY TOO YOUNG to even think about marriage. Robbie needs to give her some time (like 25 years). Dan was in love with a girl in his pre-school by the name of Megan and Jaush asked Ashley to marry him and she said, "No, I am going to marry Michelle." That's right you read it correctly. It's a boy thing to ask their pre-school sweetheart to marry them. Little M--JUST SAY NO!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home