Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lowe's Rocks!

We take our little coyote to Lowe's every other Saturday for their Build and Grow clinics. They are so cool! This week she built a pirate ship. Arrrrrrrgh! In case you don't know about it, the Build and Grow clinics are twice a month, free, and totally cool. The kids get a little Lowe's apron, and they get a patch for each project they complete. The projects are prepackaged, so you show up, sign in, grab a project and a hammer, and get to work. My girl has mad skills with a hammer.

And we went to another birthday party at the gymnastics center over the weekend. Excellent choice for the location, since it rained all day. Leftover from Hurricane Ike, I think. I helped make the craziest cake for the party. I like to call it "Skeleton Pirate Hideout". Or just "Three Crazy Ladies Make a Cake". The boys loved it, though. I was sure the birthday boy's mom was being overly ambitious when she told me her idea for the cake, especially since it was all out of her head and she didn't have any instructions or examples or anything to work from. But I think she pulled her vision off quite well! Love the crushed oreos, cocoa crispies and rice crispies for the sand and rock. And my friend Bon is a cakespert and told me how to do the water. Way cool. I could definitely see me enjoying decorating more cakes. Maybe I'll pick up a new hobby.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger ChemMom said...

Who 'you calling crazy? ;)

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger gretchen said...

Okay, then. Two normal ladies and one crazy lady. And that still gives you two guesses for the crazy one. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home