Monday, September 15, 2008

What I Did on My Summer Vacation, Part II

Well, since I labeled the other post as part I, I feel somewhat obligated to update with a part II, even though the information is woefully old. It will at least give me the opportunity to post some mediocre photos of some spectacular scenery. Our camera died right before the trip, so we bought a cheap one at the last minute. We are NOT impressed with it.

At the end of July, just after selling our old house, not buying the new house, and becoming homeless, we went on vacation. Brilliant! Well, the plans had been in place for months for us to go with some friends on a backcountry hiking/camping trip in Rocky Mountain National Park. Little M went with us as far as Loveland and had a great time staying with her Aunt Cindy, Uncle Kurt and Cousin Tiffany, while we spent 4 days and 3 nights roughing it in some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. We started at the Dunraven Trailhead, just outside the park (northeast), and hiked with Steve to our first campsite, Border Creek. The next morning Brent and Nancy met up with us and we hiked up to our other campsite, Lost Falls. We stayed two nights there and day-hiked up to Stormy Peaks Pass and up past Lost Lake. A fantastic trip. If I were to do it again, I'd like to camp up at the Stormy Peaks campsite... That would be quite a trek with a fully loaded pack, but worth it.

If you'd like to see more pictures from the trip, they're online here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home