Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn Rocks!

Autumn rocks! [Brandi, you put it beautifully when you wrote your tribute to Fall] I've always loved this time of year, with it's brisk mornings and turning leaves. Now that I live in a part of the country with ridiculously hot summers, I have an extra appreciation for Fall, in that it's actually cool enough to do stuff outside. It's more like what summers used to be when I was kid, living further north. Last weekend Madison and I truck-camped at Copan Lake (poor hubby had to go back and take care of the dogs because we were dog sitting for friends). A lovely thunderstorm rolled in around 4am, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but M slept through. I hope we manage to fit in another camping night or two before it gets too cold, but with the whole family!

Some of this weekend's by-and-large spontaneous highlights included an outdoor art festival, a cookout at the park, kite flying, and bike riding. We forgot to bring cooking utensils for the cookout, so we improvised with a stick.

A highly successful weekend, despite a communication error which resulted in The Hubster not getting to watch the big game at his buddy's house. Oops. Totally unintentional, I assure you. Really!

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Tina said...

She is just a blissful looking child in those pictures! Just soaking up the love and the fun! :O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home