Sunday, October 05, 2008

Not Bhaven

Our sweet little coyote is starting to write. Yes, write! Not just her name, but other words, and even sentences. I love it! She hasn't shown a lot of enthusiasm for reading on her own, though she can do it if she tries, but she does like writing. This morning she got into some trouble for being willfully disobedient to her father multiple times. She knew her dad was a bit upset with her, and I asked her to think of something she could do to make him feel better. She decided to draw him a picture, and I suggested she could also write that she was sorry. This is what she came up with. She said she messed up and started over, so the first line is there twice. I could hear her at the table sounding the words out and coming up with some great logical spelling.

She loves to add cute little swirls at the ends of her letters, especially the letter S. Beautiful! Aside from the rainbow, the picture is just what she calls "decoration", which means she wasn't drawing any specific objects, just making it pretty.

3 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger ChemMom said...

What an AWESOME letter! I'm so glad you blogged about this - you'll be happy you did, down the road.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Tina said...

That is great! I can just see her now sitting at the table writing and 'decorating'! :O)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Johnson-n-Johnson said...

that is so sweet. I love the swirls. It reminds me of when I couldn't write, but I would draw swirls to pretend like I could. We miss you and hope everything is going great.
We love you!
brandi,david,lincoln,henry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home