Saturday, March 14, 2009

They grow up so fast... so pay attention!

I finally got around to getting the online album of M's pictures for 2008 put together. What a year it's been! And while I was looking back at the little girl she used to be, and how much she's grown, it occurred to me that she's already a quarter of the way through her childhood. Oh!!! This can't be! It's all going by way too fast. How do we slow this train down? I actually enrolled her last week for Kindergarten in the Fall. Kindergarten! Full day, everyday, public school Kindergarten. She could even ride the bus if I were of a mind to let her. Which I'm not. I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for her to be ready for that.

So, I'm reminding myself again to be present each day, and pay attention to each moment, and not let the day-to-day distract me from the wonder that is all around me every day, in my growing, learning, ever-changing child.

Her latest big thing is that she's reading. She still doesn't quite admit to it, but she is definitely reading. Full sentences, full paragraphs, whole pages... reading! She is completely underwhelmed by it as far as I can tell, but I am super excited! I made her promise to still let me read to her every day, even though she can read on her own. I think she was a bit concerned that we'd stop that, for some reason.

And now it's Spring Break, and we're off to OKC to visit some friends and their brand new baby, which will remind me even more how quickly they grow from "little bitty brand new life" to "big girl almost heading off to kindergarten". *sigh*

If you'd like to check out M's 2008 album, you can see it here.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Tina said...

She really HAS grown so much in the last year hasn't she? I loved the album! What a great collection of pictures through the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home