Friday, November 21, 2008

Sick Day

Our little coyote stayed home Thursday for her first sick day of the school year. Wednesday her teacher said she just hadn't been herself all day, and seemed very tired; almost falling out her chair, tired! I kept an eye on her, but she seemed well enough, if a bit extra sassy. She had fought going to sleep the night before, so I chalked it up to less sleep. I was disabused of that notion around midnight, when she woke us up with hysterical crying and being quite ill... all over her bed. I took sicky girl duty, and my most impressive husband took bed clean-up duty. This is the usual arrangement. I am a LUCKY girl! Especially since he had to catch a 6:40a.m. flight in the morning. What a guy. Our sweet girl was miserable for about an hour, then was back to sleep in the living room with me. In the morning, she was pretty much over it. No fever or anything. I kept her home anyway. Turns out something is making the rounds of her classroom, and even the teacher got hit. She's been out two days now. Sounds like we got off pretty easy. Plus, we got it out of the way before Thanksgiving! Yay!

Anyway, the point of this post was to show off the fun projects we did during our sick day at home. Since one of M's best buddies was scheduled to get his tonsils out, we decided to make him a bouquet of flowers to take over when he's up and around a bit. And I finally got around to making a skirt out of a pair of M's jeans that had a blown out knee. I saw the project in a magazine some time ago (probably FamilyFun) and thought it would be cool.
For most of the day we were also playing "Spy Girl" (or sometimes "Spy Pet"). M decided she needed some spy goggles, so we whipped up a pair, and she wore them all day. I admit, I really miss having a few "stay at home with Mommy days", now that she goes to school 5 days a week. And I know it's only going to get worse. Dang this whole growing up thing, anyway!

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger ChemMom said...

You are SUCH a good mom. I love how you really have your priorities in order -- a big lesson for me to learn from you!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger ChemMom said...

PS - your skirt turned out so well. Way to go!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Tina said...

What an icky reason to have to stay home, but what a great day and way to spend it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home